Philip Michael "Phil" Lester (born 30 January 1987) is an English YouTube vlogger
|Position||Youtuber, Male, The Sun|
Lester currently lives with friend and fellow video blogger Dan Howell in London. He completed a degree in English Language and Linguistics and then a post graduate in the Department of Theatre, Film and television, going on to obtain a Master of Arts in Video Postproduction with Specialisation in Visual Effects at the University of York.
In 2011, Lester won a Guinness World Record for fastest coin stacking, placing 25 coins on top of each other in 31.617 seconds.
At age 19, Lester posted his first YouTube video blog. Since then he has posted over 150 videos on his channel and as of May 2015 has over 2.56 million subscribers with over 197 million video views,] reaching 1 million YouTube subscribers on 6 July 2013, and 2 million on 29 August 2014.
Lester also has a second channel, LessAmazingPhil, which has over half a million subscribers and almost 10 million views, as of October 2014. On September 12th 2014, Phil Lester and Dan Howell posted the first video on their new gaming YouTube channel, DanandPhilGAMES. On March 8th 2015 the channel hit 1 million subscribers.
Lester has also appeared alongside Howell in Benjamin Cook's twelve part web series Becoming YouTube, being interviewed on the various topics Cook covered.
- He was voted Sugarscape's Hottest Lad of 2013.
- Phil voiced ‘Male Technician #2’ in the Disney movie Big Hero 6 (UK cinema version).
- One of the mascots from the popular game Crossy Road (called "Emo Goose"), was suggested and voiced by him.
- On 29th August 2014, he hit 2 million subscribers.
- His favorite color is blue.
- His favorite Pokemon is Jolteon.
- He and his best friend Dan (Danisnotonfire) are huge fans of Muse, and their favourite album by the band is Origin of Symmetry.
- In 2011, Phil set a Guinness World Record for fastest coin stacking, placing 25 coins on top of each other in 31.617 seconds.
- Phil is a literal ray of sunshine
- Phil was on The Weakest Link
Awards and nominations
In 2013, Howell and Lester were voted winners of the Sony Golden Headphones Award, presented by the Sony Radio Academy Awards, for Dan and Phil on BBC Radio 1.
In 2014, Lester was nominated for a Teen Choice Award along with Dan Howell in the category Choice Web Collaboration for their video "The Photo Booth Challenge".
- "It's a good thing to be strange, normalness, lead's to sadness."
- "Slap it with your meat!"
- "Grow a flower, grab your fluffiest lamb, and give birth to an egg."
- "And in today's episode of random crap on Phil's floor... a photo of my cactus, a punk sleeve..."
- "I thought I heard an owl, but i think it's just a drunk person pretending to be an owl."